Thursday, September 9, 2010

Comeback continued...

So I was curious about why he wanted to see me. I guessed that he missed me and wanted to be friends. My friends thought he want more...wanting to date me again. Based on our last conversation, I didn't think that was possible. So my friend & I made a bet. It's the gambler in me- betting at every turn. LOL.

Come the weekend... he wanted to rollerblade... sounded so datish! I had a nervous feeling at the pit of my stomach like it was the first date again. After blading and grabbing a quick bite, he proceeded to have the "talk" with me.

I was shocked by all the words that came out of his mouth... like a bomb that hit me or more like a curve ball. Basically he poured his heart out saying how he missed me and how fortunate he felt to have met someone like me and that he wanted to try to make this relationship work if something fantastic can come out of it. I became numb in the mind as millions of thoughts were racing thru my mind. Basically, he didn't want to live with the what ifs and what could be's if we continued dating. I didn't expect this at all. I expected friendship or closure that he needed by seeing me again. Heart stopped. I was flattered but lost for words...

I quickly scrambled in my mind for words to speak ... to lay the "realities" of our situation. He was years behind in where I am in life. My life was all set for the next big chapter - finding Mr. Right and getting married. He was still working on his school & career. This was a disaster waiting to happen in terms of a timeline for a healthy progression in a relationship. He told me that I didn't have to answer him then that I could think about it. So I decided to think & pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment